BWs Vintage Collectibles

Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Whew, it rained in Las Vegas! Nice

Whew, and it's a good thing that it rained in Henderson, Las Vegas, and anywhere here in the desert.   I was on the verge of melting into my shoes this weekend while visiting estate sales.  When you get into your car and you burn the tips of your fingers to turn your steering wheel.....that's too hot.  When you get into your car and it doesn't cool off for 25 minutes....that's too hot.  The worst of it is when you finally break down and eat a chocolate bar....and it melts in your hands.....you remember you should have had a V8 or chosen M & Ms.  What I should have done was visit Ethel M's Chocolate Factory in Henderson and ate my candy INSIDE where there is air conditioning.  The past two weekends have not been very exciting here in the Las Vegas area for finding unique vintage treasure, but I did meet some wonderful people along the hunt.  I found the cutest plush bears, one of my favorites is the "Las Vegas" bear, he's all white holding a pillow that is embroidered, states "Las Vegas.."   ... Actually, one vintage couple followed me to every destination.  Every time I turned around, there they were, in the red truck...following me around the house/sale.....closer to me than my poodle at dinner time. If I picked up a Tuscan Landscape Pitcher, they'd pick it up after me...if I picked up a Rhinestone brooch, they'd be in the same box as I... I guess they thought I was the one to watch as I worked my way around delicate china and glass.  As soon as I made moves toward the door, they would follow me out and jump in their truck, and again, they'd show up at the next one....they did pretty good speed wise at driving for being that vintage age and all.... just don't know why we all didn't hitch rides together and save on gas.  Speaking of gas (for the car) I found a station in Henderson that charged $3.38 a gallon.  I was thrilled. I need to be riding a Harley, speaking of, see below Christmas "Letters to Santa" Harley Davidson rider ornament..... I digress......I spent the majority of the weekend putting additional items into my store, BWs Vintage Collectibles, stores.ebay.com/bwsvintagecollectibles...I am going to finish up adding all of my Vintage and Mid-century items this next week.
Be sure to check out this bear!!!!   -=brenda





Letters to Santa

Harley Davidson Letters to Santa GA0901 Ornament NIB North Pole Motorcycle Club
New in Box.  


No comments:

Post a Comment