BWs Vintage Collectibles

Friday, July 27, 2012

Las Vegas the place to be after finals

Yes, even though I live in the Las Vegas Valley, in a suburb actually, I do, occasionally, get over to the Strip.  The fantastic colors the neon signs produce are just mesmerizing.  Reds, blues, yellows, oranges, purples, greens.....extra large digital pictures of all the stars, comedians, dancers you can imagine ....the Bellagio water fountains spring forth, higher and higher, dancing to music, lulling the passer-bys into a hypnotic and peaceful happy place.  Just going to the downtown Fremont Street Experience is a treat, anytime, but especially at night.


While the Vintage street was protected and covered with an awning of LCD lights, the walk and subsequent light show on the awning is spectacular. As you walk down memory lane-now known as the Fremont Street Experience- or DOWNTOWN- to the locals....your mind imagines the simplicity of the pas: the buildings are Vintage, the neon lights are Vintage, and it compliments the updated entertainment venue perfectly....you can feel spirits roaming and enjoying the Experience too. Of course, Vintage is my passion, as I search every weekend for lost treasures that need to be cleaned and displayed....Items that need to be showcased and put into a cabinet....and items that need to be saved for our next generations.....1970s and 80s are now considered VINTAGE, although, I must admit, I find it difficult to label them as such.   I know, the youngster of today will someday have the desire to revisit America's past and hunt for these treasures....those items that are labeled frequently as "Mid-Century" will be labeled "true Vintage"  and will be highly collectible and set upon shelves and in cabinets.  When I visit the current Vegas Strip and become lulled by the Bellagio fountains and entertained with the Mirage overflowing Volcano, I almost always remember the Rat Pack, Marilyn, Lucille Ball, among a few, who vacationed here, laughed here, and stayed here. To think my Valley, my home- entertained the entertainers is in itself the epitome of remembrance....my treasure hunts, my cleaning, my photography means so much more as I share with the world items plucked from the homes and estates of fellow neighbors in this rich and magical place called--Las Vegas....it's more than a hot summer oasis in the desert and it is my home.  -=brenda
BWs Vintage Collectibles

stores.ebay.com/bwsvintagecollectibles

 Cats Eyes 

Vintage ca 50-60s Sweaters
 Anhold Ashtray






No comments:

Post a Comment