BWs Vintage Collectibles

Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Las Vegas: GONE WITH THE WIND

Whoa, and we thought when it rained for 12 hours two weeks ago that was IT for the rain this year....TONS of flooding around town...washed out gutters spanned all away across roads here and there...rocks everywhere...but boy was my car CLEAN!!!   Today, it poured AGAIN!!!   what's up with that anyway?  more water?  Personally, I am hoping Lake Mead will fill up again...those who know what it used to look like might agree with me.  This weekend we had heat...and clouds.....and the statement, "...it's a dry heat..." kept running through my head as I drove to various estate and large moving sales. The heat was moist, humid and relentless!  Dry heat?  not this summer!! On another note, most of my time this weekend was spent talking to people, comparing schools, cars, acquaintances, and local hot spots. Sometimes it is just as meaningful to take the time to visit and share stories with each other, to laugh at one's jokes, or to encourage someone when they reach out to connect with a stranger.  Treasure seeking Vintage and Mid-Century has allowed me to laugh a million more times, to store a million more stories, and to spread the love a million more times to a million more people.  Every person and every item has a story and deserves to be touched...spiritually and physically.  I love sharing what I experience with those who wish to read it.
A couple of fun things I found this weekend which are sure to fly out the door!!

1936 Gone With The Wind, first year printing, great shape and all pages are intact with no dogged ears:

Vintage Frosted High Ball Currier & Ives "The Morning Recreation" Gay Fad Studio 

Pyrex, England, pre-1962, Rare "Blue Iris" 1.5qt Casserole Dish, EUC



One final note:   a new boutique I just found, in Las Vegas!!!   Frenzy

Here's the website so you can read up on it and go visit!   Tell them Brenda sent ya!!          http://www.frenzylasvegas.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment