BWs Vintage Collectibles

Saturday, June 9, 2012

Las Vegas Home Owner's Associations Suck

Just my luck.  I recently moved across town and into a small home.  I am very happy with the home, but have already been in trouble and targeted by the Home Owner's Association!  I can't believe a sweet natured person like myself, who minds her own business is breaking any rules at all.  Seems there is lady person who insists on talking with me personally--a note won't do?  She's been at my door twice this week.  I guess I am so egregious ?  that she harass me 15 minutes each time with incessant knocking and doorbell ringing?  I discussed this matter with my son.  We determined she must be upset at my placing rubber maid tubs on the porch (1) and am adding to it as I unpack?  Perhaps it is the light pole we put in the trash?  The large cardboard wardrobe boxes that sat alongside the cans last weekend?  the extra large cardboard box from the sewing cabinet I put together?  I am not sure, but she should know, if I open the door to talk with her, my German Shepherd, as mild nature as he is, once provoked for 15 minutes or at all by a doorbell and talked to from the outside of a window-will jump over me to get to her as she is now deemed unworthy in his eyes and an intruder...he can tell the difference and smell of this lady and her harassing behavior.  I cannot think that anyone in their right mind would stand at a door and incessantly ring the doorbell and knock for 15 minutes to welcome me to the neighborhood.  I have been here for 5 weeks now.  She didn't have brownies in her hands either.  Recently, on  one of the News shows Las Vegas, there was a feature segment and then link to these Home Owner Associations lawsuits as a good number of the main players in our valley/Nevada are being taken to court by the Federal government!!   I can only say, if this mystery woman is from an HOA, she needs to put a note on my door or send me a letter.  Standing at my door, harassing me to answer it, is paramount to assault on my property as I feel she is an intruder at the level she is emoting. In all my renting years, in my quiet retirement, in any of my volunteer work, I can't think of myself as breaking any laws.  I simply am taking a while to methodically unpack....and it is taking me longer due to disability.  Cardboard or goodwill items are normal, if this is the case.  I really would like to ask her though, "Who's taking the time to pull the weeds over in the empty lots or the sidewalk areas leading to the mailboxes?  How come you are not on your hands and knees taking care of your property assignment, picking up dog poop and are over here harassing me and my dogs to the level of me phoning 911?"  I am waiting for her, right now, as I write this blog...my shepherd is waiting on the floor, sound asleep.  If she comes over here tonight, I am calling 911 to say there is a crazy lady who has been harassing me.  She needs a lesson in humility because there are laws that protect me on my property and it includes anyone consistently harassing me, knocking and never leaving.  No matter who she is, why she's there, for all her snorting and peeing around and marking her territory, I can't think of anything I can or have done to merit this type of confrontation.   I am sure a police report could settle this.
Anyone else care to comment?  I am on facebook:
facebook.com/bwsrecollections

I'll be sure get back to you on the saga of the snorting and peeing mystery lady who stands outside my door, tormenting my dogs, and demanding I open the door....this is gonna end, one way or another.
My secret weapon.  

No comments:

Post a Comment