BWs Vintage Collectibles

Saturday, October 27, 2012

Car Key Problems in Las Vegas...what not to do


It happened last Saturday (before this one).  I was running late to an estate sale.  I decided to stop by the bank and get some more cash...you know...I had a feeling I was going to need it for the sale....and I was so organized, I pulled up to the curve....walked over (no this bank does not have a drive-thru)...and got my cash.  I should say I finally got my cash...I was standing in line for a little while...with cash in hand, I scurried over to my car.  Hit the key fab to let myself in~~
nuthin.  nuthin happened.  I hit it again.  Still nuthin.  I physically tried to open the back door...nuthin but locked....I hit the key fab again.   I could hear the unlocking...and the beeping....but darn, the door just stayed locked.  I tried the doors again and again.  Locking unlocking locking unlocking....you can only imagine me standing there trying to figure out why (if the battery went dead) would the sounds of the locking and unlocking and beeping happen?  With cash in one hand (I was going to get to my car and stash it in my secret hiding place) my purse started to slip down my arm in hopelessness.....darn.  (actually, that's not what I really muttered) My mind started to race about where my auto insurance card was placed these days....I tried to unlock my car again and again...for seemed like an eternity.
What really bothered me was the beeping was coming from the other side of my car....that was so weird.  I started to try to unlock the door with my car key....final resort.  It just wasn't working at all.....I was totally frustrated.......then I had the idea that if the horn worked the trunk oughta work, so I tried to open the trunk.....my idea was to go through the trunk and crawl through the seats.....but to my despair, it didn't open...................I was about ready to cry and I was so embarrassed --I decided I really hated my car, only hating it mildly before this fiasco.....
I stupidly went back to listening to the horn.......and I walked around the car to the place where the horn was honking.........
lo and behold....it was the car next to my car!!!!!!
and it had the trunk wide open, all the lights were on, the horn was honking, the whole thing was blinking.....and then I flashed that I must have taken someone else's keys somehow.......look what I was doing to their car!!!!  Where are my keys?  I checked the ones in my hand...they seemed to be my keys......?
and then it occurred to me.......OMG.  I was trying to get into someone else's car the whole time....the car next to mine was actually MY CAR.......
Can you imagine someone in the bank watching this??????????
I mean, I stood there for like 10 minutes...before I figured it out.  No wonder the key fab didn't work, no wonder the trunk wouldn't open, no wonder the key wouldn't unlock it.....IT WASN"T MY CAR.  
The really stupid part?  I didn't notice it wasn't my car for like 10 minutes or an eternity, whichever was longer....
I am never going back to that bank or pet store again.  And you can be darn sure NEXT time the key fab doesn't work, I'll be checking to see if I actually am at the right car......
geeeeesh..........and this was one of my good days.
-=brenda 

No comments:

Post a Comment